Wednesday 2 July 2008

Zwartble


Zwartble, originally uploaded by Bright Side.

Here's the completed test skein of Zwartble. It's 76m and 87g, 9WPI making it a good worsted weight. I'm so pleased with how it turned out! I did no preparation to the fibre before spinning it, I literally grabbed it out of the bag and chucked it at the wheel. The lighter brown tips have given a nice variation in colour and I'm really looking forward to knitting with it. This is going to become the ribbed cuffs for another pair of Cader Idris style mitts. I've spun a coloured merino single from my own hand dyed fibre, now I need another bobbin of Zwartble single to ply with that. It might have to take a back seat to the report writing for a while, but I have plenty of photos I've uploaded tonight to my Flickr steam to keep the blog updated with.

No comments: