Monday 28 July 2008

Bramble BFL


Bramble BFL, originally uploaded by Bright Side.

I had great fun on Saturday learning how to dye with plants from my garden. This BFL was dyed with bramble that we hacked down with our new hedge trimmer. Who knew that gardening could have such a great result?! The greys are really subtle with hints of green and purple in there too.

In BSJ news I have finally finished! I gave the neck a crochet edging which I think finishes it off nicely. The dark wood buttons look great too. Photos will be coming tomorrow when it's light outside.

In the meantime, I've done a massive Flickr update today, so have a look at my stream for more of my natural dyeing photos (on yarn and fibre) as well as the lovely fibre from All Spun Up and Spunky Eclectic that arrived today.

No comments: