Sunday 20 July 2008

BSJ for Sophia


BSJ for Sophia, originally uploaded by Bright Side.

I'm knitting another Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket as a commission from a friend. The yarn is Colinette Cadenza in the glorious colourway Raphael, which makes me think of raspberries and wine. I bought the yarn at Get Knitted with the intention of making another BSJ so I'm really pleased that it's going to be going to a good home. There are 140 rows in a BSJ and I have done 20 so far, so I'm progressing at a decent pace. I shall take it to school with me this week and try and do a couple of rows at breaks and lunchtimes. At some point I shall be sticking my class in front of a DVD (come on, it's the last few days of term!) so I might even get a bit of knitting time in working hours ;)

I took this knitting along to my spinning guild day out yesterday to Warburg nature reserve, where we looked at the different dye plants that were growing there. We had a lovely day out looking at the native plants there and I've made a little list of ones I have in my garden that we're going to dye with. I'm going to be trying bramble and blackthorn at the weekend, on some DK yarn and also on some fibre.

No comments: