Tuesday 8 July 2008

TdF Update


Icelandic Ram, originally uploaded by Bright Side.

This is my latest TdF spinning- 100g of honey gold icelandic ram fleece from Fernbourn Fleeces of Orkney. I've just finished plying this and it's currently soaking to set the twist. There's only about 50m or so, and I'm thinking it's about aran weight, if not a little thicker in places. I'm thinking of washing and carding the next lot of this that I spin (I have two more 100g bags, slightly different colours but similar textures), just to see how differently it turns out. But what shall I make with it? I'm wondering about a felted bowl of some kind, that could be good.

Tomorrow will definitely be time to spin something dyed, I think I need some bright colours after all this natural fibre lately! It could be "Flowering Weeds", we'll have to see how I feel when I get home from the school play tomorrow.

No comments: