Thursday 26 June 2008

It's Ofsted time

Things have been a bit quiet on the fibre front as I've spent this week preparing for our Ofsted inspection. We knew that it was likely it would be our turn soon but it's fallen really badly as today was our open evening which also required a lot of work. Everything's ready now and we'll get the initial findings tomorrow after school.

Quick notes:
My acid dyes arrived and I managed to find time to dye 100g of fibre and 100g of DK as a bit of an experiment. Hopefully I'll be able to start spinning the fibre at the weekend.
Three lots of gorgeous batts arrived from FeltStudioUK today. Woo!
My felt owl attracted a lot of attention at our open evening. Some people wanted to know if I'd be teaching my class how to make them- I don't think so, it took me a whole day, I can't imagine how long it would take a group of 7 and 8 year olds! I might see if next year I can get Sue Pearl in to run a workshop of some kind with my class, as felting is such a great craft.

No comments: