Friday 5 September 2008

Busy busy busy

Things have been very busy around here recently, what with the start of a new school year. It's really strange having a new class, I hadn't realised how much I would miss my old class. The new one is lovely though, and I'm looking forward to doing some spinning with them later on in the term as part of our Vikings topic.

I've also been doing some spinning and knitting as well as remembering how to be a teacher. On Sunday I went with the guild to the Wychwood Fair, where we spun and dyed and chatted to the public. There were lots of people very interested in spinning and we nearly ran out of leaflets! Kate used blackberries and bramble from my garden to dye some merino fibre, which I think I might spin up as a barber pole 2 ply. I spun most of the singles for another skein of Manx Loaghtan that day, which I've already started knitting as the sleeves for the baby jumper. I've also been spinning something for one of my swap friends, which I'm hoping she's going to enjoy knitting as much as I enjoyed spinning. It was a new technique for me but it seems to have worked well.

I'm a bit behind in the photography but I'll be aiming to update my Flickr stream this weekend- if it stops raining long enough to get a bit of natural light, that is.

No comments: