Tuesday, 19 August 2008

Flame- finished at last!

Flame- the spinning process, originally uploaded by Bright Side.

My mammoth spindle spinning project is finally finished! This mosaic shows the spinning process from new spindle and fibre through singles and plying to completed yarn. I ended up with 160g and 442m, at about 12 or 13 WPI. I couldn't believe the yardage, I was aiming for about 180m but getting over double that is incredible. No wonder it only just fitted onto my plying spindle! I used a lovely butterflygirldesigns 31g/1.1oz jade spindle for the singles, and a 58g/2oz Sublime Spindles bottom whorl for the plying. The fibre is 99% superwash merino/1% angelina, also from butterflygirldesigns.

1 comment:

Liz said...

It was nice to meet you last night - the Flame looks great.