Tuesday 30 September 2008

From fleece to (small) jumper


Finished Object- Kai, originally uploaded by Bright Side.

I finally managed to get some photographs of the handspun jumper before I parcelled it up for its new owner. The yarn is my handspun Manx Loaghtan, spun from a fleece I bought at our guild fleece day. The fleece is this gorgeous mix of browns, and I spun it into a rather heathery looking aran weight. The pattern is "Kai" from Natural Knits for Babies and Mums by Louisa Harding. I made a couple of slight modifications, including a toggle on the neck edge, as I thought the collar might be a little tight (and some babies have *enormous* heads!). I'm so pleased with how this turned out, and I must admit it was rather a wrench to part with it.

I'm currently working on an enormous pair of socks for someone (not saying who!) but they're taking rather a while. I've got past the tricky bit though so it should (fingers crossed) be plain sailing down the leg now. Of course, I have to do the same thing again with the second one! The secret spinning is also going well, and I'm currently navajo plying the first 50g or so. I'm considering starting to knit the project with this before I've finished spinning the second 50g. I know it's going to take *ages* to knit so I suppose the earlier I start it the more chance I have of finishing it on time! It has a tighter deadline than the socks so time will be of the essence.

1 comment:

goldfishgirl said...

Aw, the little handspun baby cardi's so cute! I love the soft brown colours, the cable detail looks great too.