Saturday 20 September 2008

New Term

It's taking me a little while to get into the swing of things this term- having a new class has been a bigger culture chock than I thought. I have however finished the handspun Kai baby jumper and I'm already about 15% through the first bit of Christmas knitting. There's some birthday spinning going on too ;)

I had a lovely day today at the Oxford guild meeting. In the morning there was a workshop by Sarah Montcrief, who is a knitting designer. She'd designed three different bag patterns for us, and I chose an intarsia design, as I don't normally like that technique, and I thought I'd see if this changed my mind. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like what I've done so far, although I am considering felting it and making it into a small purse instead of a bag. In the afternoon we had a lovely time spinning outside. I was working on some Spindlefrog BFL, as well as some All Spun Up merino/silk on the Golding spindle. I'm hoping that the BFL will be fine enough for socks. I'm thinking of just making a vanilla patterned pair, but using handspun.

No comments: