Sunday 10 May 2009

Peacock Feathers Shawl


FO: Peacock Feathers Shawl, originally uploaded by Bright Side.

I finally managed to photograph my Peacock Feather Shawl. See my Flickr photostream for loads more photos, or there's a set showing the whole process from start to finish.

I finished the moebius stript cowl, and although I love the texture of the knitted fabric, the finished article doesn't really do anything for me. It was a worthy experiment though, so I'm going to knit the Thrive coils into a long, thin scarf, using the enormous 15mm needles.

I've been busy spinning using my Bosworth spindle and some of Megan's shetland/silk fibre. I've finished plying it today, using my Sublime Spindles bottom whorl. I'm thinking it'll be good for our section of the 6 Guilds exhibition which is happening at some point soon. Our guild has to produce a load of purple things, and this fibre will be great for that. I might see if I can get someone at guild to weave with it.

No comments: