Saturday 27 February 2010

I am still here...


5plumpie_04, originally uploaded by Bright Side.

and beginning to spin and knit again, now that I'm finally getting my evenings back. This is Five Plum Pie, which was May’s offering from the Hello Yarn fibre club. It's falkland fibre, spun into an aran weight 2 ply on my Schacht Ladybug. I ended up with 158m, 9WPI, which was just what I wanted. I love how bouncy and rounded it is, and I'm really pleased with the way that the colours work together too.

Robyn is now 6 months old and an absolute delight. She obviously takes up a lot of my time, and although I've missed my crafts I don't resent that. However, it is really nice now that she is asleep earlier in the evenings and I'm less tired. I find that just a little bit of crafting every day helps me to feel more human.

No comments: